Monday, July 25, 2016

Progress of 'Walk A Mile' day 1



Day 1 

The size of this painting is 12 x 12" and includes a Norman Rockwell painting 'The Problem We All Live With', a grandmother and her two twin grandsons viewing the painting.

Because it's important to me to render Rockwell's painting accurately, I grid my reference photograph and transfer the guidelines onto my panel.  I've painted my panel with a ground black, although it doesn't look as black on this photo, using a grey colored pencil to sketch out the main lines.

I work from the top left to right mainly to keep it neat - sometimes my tired painting hand (right) has to lean on the panel and I don't want it to smudge.


2 comments:

  1. I enjoy the wee bit of light upon her shoulder and the tip of her ear.. you draw the eye in. Thank you for shating

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an extraordinary reference photo.

    ReplyDelete